Thursday, December 12, 2013

Look of the Day, Candy Eyes

I wanted to try my new NYX eyeshadow base in White and do something colorful. I used my Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette to create this look:




I applied my Revlon Colorstay foundation (medium beige) with the E.L.F. Studio powder brush, setting it with E.L.F. Studio HD powder in Shimmer.

I coated my eyelids and the highlight on my browbone with the NYX Eyeshadow Base in White, and let it dry. It didn't dry completely... I used my UD Deluxe Eyeshadow palette to do a trio of colors, starting with Honey in the inner corner, Graffiti in the middle and Peace on the outer corner, slightly transitioning them into each other. I did with crease with Half Baked and Smog and blended it slightly upwards with a Lorac baked matte satin eye shadow in Posh. I use that one almost every day to blend my shadows upward, it is just a nearly invisible matte nude color on me.

I lined my lower eyelashes with UD's 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Electric and Graffiti, Electric on the outer corner and Graffiti in the middle to watch the eyeshadow colors, then set them with the corresponding color eyeshadow. I highlighted my inner corner with a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.

I applied Revlon Colorstay Liquid eyeliner, smudging it a little with the E.L.F. Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush. This took away any mistakes or harsh edges and made a warmer, smokier look.

I finished my eyes by applying some "natural" false lashes.

To really make the eyeshadow colors pop, when I was all finished with the eyes I dabbed my finger in each eyeshadow color and pressed it over the top. I've always noticed with Urban Decay eyeshadows you can get a better color payoff this way.

My brows were done with the E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow palette in medium. I exaggerated them, which looked great from several feet away but up close you can see where the brows end and the pretend, drawn on brows start.

With the E.L.F. Studio Flawless Concealer brush, I buffed in an E.L.F. All Over Cover Stick from the essential line in Light Beige and set with Studio HD Powder.

I contoured with E.L.F. Contouring Blush & Bronzer in St. Lucia, and used the Studio HD Blush in Headliner.

I used the E.L.F. All Over Color Stick in Persimmon to slightly highlight the top of my cheekbones.

My wig of choice today is the Gothic Lolita Classic (Wavy) in Light Blonde Mix, which is probably my favorite wig ever. Evarrr.



Verdict on NYX Eyeshadow Base in White:
I am impressed with this base. It worked as a perfect white highlighter, if you use a light hand. My shadows did seem to pop a little more, and they lasted all day with no creasing. I did have trouble getting it to dry, and it kept creasing on my eyelid until I applied my eyeshadow. Then it was set. The NYX Eyeshadow Base in White gets an A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment