Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Makeup of the Day & Black Plum Rhapsody Wig

Today I wanted to try using some temporary eyeliner tattoos I bought awhile ago. I have only tried them one other time and the results were mixed - they are fun but very hard to apply evenly and they always seem to break apart on my eye, ruining the intricate design.

I first washed my face, making sure to remove all the coconut oil from around my eyes. I'll post on that later... :)
I swiped my eyelids with rubbing alcohol, making sure to keep my eyes closed until it dried. Slightly moistening my eyelids with water, I placed the temp tattoos and pressed them down lightly with a wet washcloth, positioning and pressing down the inner corner with a wet cotton swab. The inner corner is easy to mess up and this helps line it right up with your eyelid. Even after this they were still crooked, with one wing sweeping higher than the other. It is extremely hard to get these perfect since you can't see them under the paper when you place them.

I filled in the gaps and right against my eyelids with black liquid eyeliner, drawing one side up higher to make them more uniform. I then did a smoky eye to hide the unevenness even more and used a very light hand on the rest of my face with a nude lip. I added big dramatic lashes and topped the look off with a Rhapsody wig in Black Plum from Gothic Lolita Wigs.


Here is a look at the tattoos up close. As you can see they look better from far away. As Raymond Chandler once said, “From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class. From 10 feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away.” 


The weird thing is my boyfriend kept saying how pretty I looked, and how he loved my makeup. Yes, I was baffled because he was clearly much less than 10 feet away.

I would probably avoid these eyeliner tattoos because they really don't look all that good from up close. They have a plastic look to them that extends around the edges, and makeup doesn't adhere to that part well. They are extremely hard to position properly, and often for no particular reason, like if you blink or move your eyes, you will get a break or tear in the tattoo. Also the designs with color don't show up well. This tattoo has tiny colored stars on it and they look muddy since there is no way to put white makeup under them. On the other hand, they are very cheap. Like $5 for 40 pairs of them. So that is a good reason to get them, something fun to play around with for little $$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment