Friday, December 6, 2013

Look of the Day: Red hair, green eyes

Let me start off by saying I am not a redhead and I don't have a warm skin tone. But thanks to an order from Gothic Lolita Wigs (Farrah Summer Ed. Showstopper, in case you are wondering) I can be a redhead for one day, minus the right skin tone. Also people have told me I look good in green, which looks good with red, no? So I figure that gives me the liberty to do whatever I want. 

I am able to justify anything. ;)




The eerie thing is I looked at yesterday's picture and I had EXACTLY the same pose and facial expression! So even though I feel I look a bit silly in this picture I'm posting it, because you can actually kind of see my eye makeup. 




I've never had hair this color but I kind of like it. I'm not sure if it likes my skin tone though as I am cool.

So here goes: Green eye makeup. Does that scare you? The memory of blue eyeshadow from the 80's has always made me a little weary of bold, dramatic eyeshadows, but I also LOVE surrounding myself with bright & pretty things, they make me happy. As we all know, when you do a bright or dramatic eye thou shalt not wear a bold lip. Bla bla bla... I kind of follow that. But I'm also of the opinion that you should have fun in any aspect of your life, and if makeup is one of those things, do what you want. If people don't like you for it then they have some real First World Problems.


Here's everything I used today, shown here in ridiculously bad lighting:




No fancy lighting or studio, I threw everything on my bed and used my iPad camera. I'm not proud.


I used my E.L.F. Studio brush set, as well as one Essential brush and a few of my cutie pie pinky brushes. (Did I mention I got those on amazon, $10.83 for 22 brushes?)...But do they work well, you might ask. "They have friggin' pink tips, who cares if they work well???" But yes, they work nicely with some limitations.


The rest of the stuff:



  • E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer
  • MAC Fix+ Sprayed on ELF Studio powder brush to blend & seal foundation.
  • Revlon Colorstay foundation for combo/oily skin, mixed with Lancome Color Ideal Foundation, applied with ELF Studio powder brush.
  • E.L.F. Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter in Light/Glow, concealer only applied underneath eyes.
  • E.L.F. Studio HD Powder to set makeup, applied with Too Faced powder brush. 
  • E.L.F. Studio Cool Bronzer, used for contouring & sculpting.
  • E.L.F. Studio Blush in Pink Passion. I should have used a coral or peach shade but I didn't know which wig I wanted to wear when I put my makeup on. :)
  • E.L.F. Studio Shimmer Palette, applied pink color to top of cheekbones as a highlight.
  • E.L.F. Studio Eye Primer and Liner Sealer, primer only.
  • E.L.F. Studio 141 Piece Master Makeup Collection, black palette, used for the eyeshadows and the green concealer around my nose redness. It kind of wore off quickly. I'm waiting on my green corrective concealer...
  • Italia Eyeliners in Avocado and White.
  • Revlon Colorstay creme gel eyeliner in black, applied with a flat eyeliner brush and winged out, Lightly smoked into bottom lashes.
  • Wet n Wild H2O Proof liquid eyeliner in brown, used to fill in and define eyebrows. I love using this but I wish I had a lighter color as it is a little too dark for me. Painted on, lightly blended and smudged out with small angled brush.
  • Lancome Super-Enhancing Mascara Base. Wow, that stuff works!
  • Urban Decay Skyscraper multi-benefit mascara.
  • Andrea Lash Accents, 318 Black. LOVE these for natural-but-better eyelashes!
  • Darkness eyelash adhesive in clear.
  • E.L.F. Essential Lipstick in Captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment