Friday, December 13, 2013

Look of the Day: smoky nude

One of my favorite challenges is doing a sultry, sexy look while also looking like you aren't wearing much makeup. For this I like to do a nude smoky eye. As a random side note, this 'Look of the Day' had absolutely nothing to do with the jerkface redneck random Walmart customer that I overheard commenting to his much nicer buddy, who had just complimented how I looked, "yeah but did you see much sh..(blaaank) she had on her face?" Just yesterday...Nothing to do with that. Yes, I had FOUR different bright colors on my eyelids but does that give him the right to have an opinion? Absolutely Not!! Not if it is clearly a WRONG opinion. I wanted to pull a Walter White on his @ss but I was a good, civilized person about it and I just slashed his tires while he was shopping.

Sooo anyway.....here's the look.



I started off with Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe. I blended it up and out before it dried. I then used a brownish gray shade from the E.L.F. Studio 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette in Neutral over the taupe, and brightened the inner corners of my eyes and up into the inner 1/4 of my eye with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I blended it out with a small Real Techniques detail brush.

I took a pink stiff brush and added a deep crease with a darker gray shadow from the E.L.F. palette. I smudged it out with a Real Techniques crease blending brush and added more eyeshadow with the detail brush inside the smudged shadow to intensify the crease. I selected a darker gray--almost black--and further deepened the outer part of the crease and brought it down across my lash line, focusing on the outer ends. I also shaded the inner half of my lower lash line.

I decided to kick it up a notch and picked up a little E.L.F. Studio Cream Eyeliner in black and smudged it across the lash line, trying to keep it as close to my lashes as possible. I again focused on the outer edges and blended it so it gradually ended about 2/3 of the way in. I brought it out slightly into a subtle wing. I added a touch to the lower lashes. The idea was to keep it as natural looking as possible, as if my lashes were just really, really thick. ;) I didn't wear falsies out of sheer laziness but I coated my lashes in Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara. I did my brows with the E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium.

I finished off with a light contour under my cheekbones using The Balm bronzer in Betty Lou-Manizer and added a flush to my cheeks with The Balm blush in Hot Mama! (Yes, the exclamation point is part of the name.) The Betty Lou-Manizer is actually meant to be an all-over color or a highlight aka FAKE TAN but it was all that was nearby and that made the decision for me.


Eat your heart out, Walmart Customers.




No comments:

Post a Comment