Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Look of the Day: Catching Fire



I wanted to try the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Orange; unfortunately this is a discontinued color. I ordered it (new) off eBay. I really wanted the Cherry color as well but it was nowhere to be found, but there is really no reason to get it. If you have a a red eyeshadow you can simply cover the Orange with red shadow or use white (Milk) and any color over it. Simple.

I started out by applying a thin layer of Nyx eyeshadow base in White all the way up to my eyebrows. Very thin layer people. I painted my eyelid in Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Orange, avoiding the inner 1/3 of my eyelid, and patted it out to thin it so it doesn't crease.

Apply matte orange eyeshadow to the middle of your eye, matte red on the outer corner, and matte yellow on the inner corner. (You might need to apply some white first to make the yellow show up, like the Nyx Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk.) I used Red eyeshadow from a Coastal Scents/Random-no-name eBay palette and the orange and yellow from the E.L.F. Studio 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette in Brights. I'm dying to try the Nyx Primal Colors but I haven't gotten my hands on any yet.

Use a black liquid eyeliner to line your top lashes. I used Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black.
Take a small fluffy detail brush and dab some of the black eyeliner off the applicator, and use it to darken your lower lashes. You do not want a harsh line here, just smoke it out. I used the Real Techniques Accent Brush, quite possibly the most useful brush I own. I also use this technique to fill in any spaces in my lash line and darken my waterline. Make sure you don't accidentally ruin your nice clean eyeliner line when you do this.

Do the rest of your face, I used Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Medium Beige applied with an E.L.F. Studio powder brush that I lightly spritzed with MAC Fix+, E.L.F. Essential All Over Color Stick in Apricot Beige to lightly even out under my eyes and conceal blemishes, Contoured with E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Cream in St Lucia, did my brows with the E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium and the E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Treat & Tame in Dark to help fill in sparse areas. I'm still not sure about that product...  Highlight under your brows very lightly if you need to, I dabbed a tiny bit of Nyx Milk right under the brow and blended it out.

Lips are an Ellen Tracy Thick Stick in a nude-ish color. I forgot to note the name.

I pulled my hair back into a big messy bun and I completely forgot to do anything to my lashes. You should apply false lashes or mascara, unlike me.



Listen to Nine Inch Nails, Hesitation Marks, it will make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment